Friday, December 28, 2012

Peppermint Patty

I've had Dave and the boys at home and Christmas clean-up going on, so I've not had time to spend with my girl. Yesterday, however, we were taking some stuff to the landfill, which is just a few minutes away from the barn. Dave was the one who suggested we swing by and say hello to that girl, even though we were not dressed for it. (Specifically, we were not shod for it, as I had on my Toms, which are not really stable shoes, and he had on his work shoes.) I can tell he really likes her if he is the one wanted to see her. Of course he likes her. Who can resist a pretty girl?


Beautiful, even when blurry.



All we did was pull up to her pasture and give her a couple of the peppermints I hoard for her and keep in the cup holder in my car. She loves them, and spend about 5 minutes licking her lips and asking for more. It wasn't much, but it was a little something. And she looks so good.  I'm very happy that Dave sees what I see in her. I would still have her, but I feel so guilty over having this big expense that is just for me. When we see her together though, she isn't an expense, she's my horse. My horse. Immutable.

Today I had to go to the dentist and drop off my id and business cards at work. Tomorrow I hope to get on her back though. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment