Sunday, December 2, 2012

Quiet Sunday

Today was really beautiful, but I had a ton to do around the house. But what did I do? I went to see my girl! I've got a few things on my mind, but spending time with her is the best stress reliever I know, so I figured it was a medical necessity.

As I drove in, I slowed down, and saw this.

Skye looking pensive. Strawberry candy looks on, and Reebok heading in for look.
And I instantly felt better.  I went in and got her halter, and sure enough, she saw me coming and met me at the gate. I cannot overemphasize how much it means to me that she does this. She isn't the most affectionate horse (although admittedly I was a bit spoiled by Goliath, who will lick you if he likes you; and he likes everybody), but knowing that she comes in to see me voluntarily makes me like we do have a bond.

We didn't do much. I just groomed her and then let her graze on a really nice green patch I found near her pasture. She loved it, and I loved just hanging out with her. When I put her up, she hung out with me for a few minutes in the pasture even though I assured her I did not have any treats.

I also attempted Dinky Duty and managed to pet two of the three of them before Munchkin and Mistletoe horned in on the action. They ran the dinkies off and demanded petting, which they got. I have no immunity built up to their cuteness.


No comments:

Post a Comment